Sunday, April 11, 2010

Going to be getting Invisalign!

Sunday 11th April 2010

Haven't updated in ages!!

Well, since my last blog I have had my moulds, photo's & x-rays done and had another consultation with my orthondontist with possible treatment plans.
He gave me the choice of Speed braces or Invisalign. I had no idea I would be a good candidate for Invisalign and the cost is only an extra $950! So Invisalign it is!
For those of you who don't know what Invisalign is, they are clear plastic retainers that you change every 2 weeks. Pro's - they are invisible, you take them out to eat & drink therefore meaning there are no restrictions on what you can eat, you can brush/floss your teeth as usual, shorter treatment time than traditional braces and much more comfortable.
I have another appointment this week to do moulds again for invisalign and to pay the deposit ($3K - ouch!).
I have been thoroughly researching everything I can on Invisalign, especially other peoples blogs. I'm excited about straightening my teeth but I am also very nervous! But the good thing is I won't have a mouth full of metal!!!

No comments: